Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017

Well... 2016 is nearly gone. It's been one crazy fast year for me, and kind of an odd one at that. It kinda feels like the first and second half of the year were two different ones. Thinking back to life back in March or April feels like a different lifetime ago in many ways. 

Honestly one of the biggest highlights has been being able to take Lindy Hop classes and go social dancing regularly. That's been a dream of mine for years, but it never worked out to do it until now. And I'm so thankful to have the opportunity to dance; there are few things that fill me with such happiness and joy as twirling out on the dance floor with live music filling the air. Such a wonderful experience! I thought a I'd share some stats from this this year, taken from my dance journal where I log as much information as possible.







2016 Stats:

-Went to 14 social dances, all but one with a live band.

-Took four classes: Intro to Swing, Lindy Hop 101, 102, and 103; and Balboa 1.

-Took one workshop, Slow Drag with Peter Flahiff and Lauren Smith.

-Got to dance to nine different bands.

So considering I've only been dancing since August, I'm pretty proud of all I've been able to accomplish in the world of swing dance.

Goals for 2017:

-Learn an get comfortable with tandem charleston

-Enter my first Jack and Jill competition

-Improve at asking people to dance and being more social at dances and events. My quiet introvert side is definitely holding me back a bit, but I want to fix that.

- Get a video clip of me dancing (everyone from friends to family to co-workers wanna see how good I can dance)

- Get comfortable doing outs and ins in Balboa


-Go to several dance events (Emerald City Solo Jam & Jitterbug Weekend are already paid for!)

Here's to 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment