Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Social Dancing: 10/20 Edition - When You're on Fire

I don't know what it is, but I feel like my dancing has been on fire lately. Maybe it's all the great stuff I learned from the Follower's Technique class I took sinking in. All I know is I'm still using info I learned from that class to fine tune my skills even now, a couple months since the class finished. But every night I'm able to dance I've been super stoked and full of happy energy lately, which definitely adds to the feeling.



This past Friday we had the pleasure of dancing to 
Alex Guilbert's Stampede Seven Quintet. They were fabulous and played a lot of medium to fast tempo songs that was perfect given how jazzed up I was that night. It was great. There was one dance where I messed up and did some weird turn thing with my hand, which turned into me "fixing" it, and eventually my partner ended it with a high five. And at the end of the night I swung out at a personal record for speed for me. That felt amazing!



I can truly say lindy hop is my passion and I'm so thankful to be able to dance my heart out at Eastside Stomp every week. It makes me so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment