Thursday, June 14, 2018

Trickeration at Fort Casey

Me: Does Trickeration perfectly

Also me, minutes later: Films myself doing Trickeration and totally fumbles through parts.

I couldn't pass up the opportunity to dance at Fort Casey while on a day trip with sisters and friends.


Solo jazz is the hardest kind of dancing for me. Remembering solo choreography is challenging and connecting moves together when I'm freestyling is still hard. That's why I'm putting in a lot of effort to improve my solo skills this year. My goal is to feel comortable enough to enter the contest at Emerald City Solo Jam next year and I feel like I'm on a good track to reaching that goal.

On the lindy hop team I'm a part of, we just finished learning all of the choreography for Trickeration. At this point I have the first half down pretty well, but the second half get's a little fuzzy when I run through the whole thing. Just gotta keep working on it until the movements become second nature.


No comments:

Post a Comment